Wednesday, September 4, 2013

thoughts.


i want to be honest here.

to be vulnerable. and let you see all of me. not just the "pretty" parts.

and today.... well, recently... i've been struggling with negative thoughts.

it's hard to describe, really.

just feelings of inadequacy. failure. 

whispers of "you'll never be that good. as good as her. there's no way the Lord is telling you to do that. why would He ever use you."

they're all lies.

i know that.

but when they're in your head.... it's not as simple as getting over it.

i wish it were.

i've never experienced it like this before.

but the Word spoke Truth to me this morning.

"for though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses." 2 corinthians 10:4, 5

these lies are from satan.

he doesn't want me to succeed.

he wants me to fail. 

maybe even moreso to feel like a failure.

because when i feel like a failure, it affects everything and everyone around me.

i'm irritable. 
i snap at the drop of a hat. 
i mope. 
and i struggle to get going. 
to get anything done. 
to be productive.

but today, i'm choosing to remember that we have victory in Christ.
 hallelujah.

speaking His name outloud when those whispers start to come.

it's been freeing today.

i feel a little lighter.

it's not easy. not at all. 

it's a choice though.
 to choose to have victory & let His thoughts rule or choose to wage in the battle and allow satan to get a foothold in my thought life.

choose victory with me today.
and i pray for each of you to take each thought captive in obedience to Him. 

blessings. xoxo.



2 comments:

  1. love you friend. cannot wait to see your face. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    I need to take a moment to thank you for sharing this post with the world. I am a fellow craftswoman, sign maker, and Etsy shop owner. I can across your adorable store, and eventually this blog. I was intrigued by all of the beautiful photos, uplifting posts, and seeing you share your faith with others. When I came upon this posting, I was reading, and crying, and thanking God all at the same time. The words you wrote are exactly the words I would use to describe the battle going on within my own mind right now. To see these scriptures, to be reminded that God is here throughout this battle, touches me deep within my soul, and I had to personally take the time to thank you for ministering to me today. When you wrote this post, you may have thought you were just being transparent to your readers, but God had other plans for this. God used your blog, and your words to speak to my heart today. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have blessed me <3

    Diana Scianimanico
    fouronefive Designs

    ReplyDelete

 

blog development by fabulous k