Tuesday, January 19, 2016

It is time.



***I realize that parts of this post may offend some of you, and that, sincerely, is not my intention. However, I’d ask that you read the post in it’s entirety prior to moving on, it might not be what you think! Be gentle in your comments… I don’t mind disagreement, but it comes easier to this peacemaker when it is done in kind.***

A few months ago, as we were getting ready for bed I came into our room to see Jeff watching something on his phone and tears welling up in his eyes. I peaked over his shoulder to see it was the latest planned parenthood video that had been released. As I continued to watch, I saw a woman digging through a petri dish of a 20 week old aborted baby that had been frozen, looking for a liver and then who knows what else. You could actually see the body parts. I felt like I might vomit right then and there - as I do now writing this out.

This has never been a political blog, and it never will be. My husband is political. I'm a sign maker. The end.

But, I have stayed silent long enough. I have not said what I've wanted to say long enough.

It is time.

Babies are being taken from us daily. There's no need to qualify that statement, it's pretty plain and simple. There are women who feel hopeless; as if abortion is the only way out of their situation. It's an epidemic and the compassion I feel for all of you who have found yourselves in this situation is endless. There is hope. There is another way. Their is mercy. But, let me ask if Planned Parenthood is actually the only one we should be blaming here? They're a huge provider of abortions, no question, and they're seemingly - from the videos, at least - flippant regarding life, and that in and of itself is horrifying. May I dare to say though, that although I am thankful for people, like my husband, who are brave enough to fight against them, they are not the only problem.

We are. 

As a body of believers, we have turned a blind eye to what is going on in our country. I am guilty of it - even with my husband in politics - and I'm betting you might be too. We watched those videos, we have seen the news reports, shed a tear or two over how gruesome it might be and then we have thrown our hands up in the air, shrugged our shoulders and thought "what can I do about it?" And then without a second thought, we start folding the laundry again and go back to our sheltered lives.

You, like me, are probably not a politician. You may not be one that is going to stand on the front lines of the abortion clinics or the US capital to let your voice be heard. You, like me, might have little kids at home and think there's no way that you can add one more thing to your list to do. You might not even know who your representatives are.

That is okay. 


You don't have to have time to make a difference. You don't have to stand on the corners of streets with horrifying signs to make a difference. You don't even have to write letters to your congressmen and senators to make a difference.

We, as brothers and sisters in Christ, can make a difference by getting on our face before the Lord every morning, humbling ourselves and praying for our nation. When did we start thinking that prayer isn't enough? When did we start thinking prayer can't cover the magnitude of the situation? The racism, the injustice, the poverty, the debauchery that is celebrated. We need to get over ourselves and over the fact that it might not be "us" who is participating in the yuck that is going on within our nation, and pray for forgiveness for those who do not know what they are doing. Not to mention our own judgmental and small minds that think it has nothing to do with us.

After all, lost people are going to act lost, y'all. Period.

With that said, we - as a group of bible believing Christians - cannot bury our heads in the sand any longer. We cannot act like the leadership of our nation is not discounting everything that holds true in the Bible. This is not about where you stand on planned parenthood, abortion or gay marriage. This is about praying for our nation to raise up bible-believing, courageous and godly men and women who are willing to make the sacrifice to serve in office. It is about praying that our nation would turn from it's wicked ways and that there would be revival. But it starts with us... diligently praying for our nation.

Over the next 10 months, you will see a battle like never before. You will see good men and women torn down - and eventually destroyed - in the press and on the debate stages. You will question who is telling the truth, you will question what they really mean, who they really are and what will they really do. There's no way to know everything about anyone in the race for the president. You think you can, but I'm telling you, there's no way. But we can pray.

We can stop complaining about who we have to choose from and who did what or said what over the weekend. We can stop pointing fingers at who is to blame and start taking action in our communities and with our votes. We can be powerful if we join together as a community of believers and find the things we can agree on and fight as one, under the authority of the One who actually gives authority.  It seems daunting, believe me, I know. But I believe this is what we have been called to do!

Would you join me in praying for our nation and it's leaders (and potential leaders) each week, especially over the next 10 months? I would love to stay in touch with each other over the next several months as things begin to change rapidly... We can be the catalyst. We can be the difference makers - just by carving out 15 minutes to get on our knees and let our hearts break over the sins of ourselves and our nations.

Let's not turn a blind eye any longer and let's start saying, enough is enough.

"If...My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then i will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
 2 Chronicles 8:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blog development by fabulous k