Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Goals Toward CLEAN

So earlier this year I mentioned my word for the year :: C L E A N.

I thought, since we are now a good three months in, I'd give a little update.

I started a skincare system that is amazing. I need to reorder.

I'm making strides in my house to organize and clean OUT. I've taken several trips to goodwill, donated clothes and cleaned out my pantry.

I did a version of Paleo for two weeks in January and it was awesome. And then I ordered a sandwich while my hubby was in the hospital without thinking about it and I've never been able to completely go back.

I have a goal for my downstairs to be clean every night before I go to bed - especially my kitchen and sink. I've been doing pretty good so far on that.

On the cleaning my heart part - God has REALLY been working in me and revealing ugliness inside my heart that I didn't even know was there that I can't wait to share with you once I've processed it and can put it into a cohesive post.

But today - I wanted to share with you five goals I have for April to work toward my word, CLEAN. I want to start putting really work toward this lifestyle that I think that word embodies.

First, I'm going to read two books this month. {Hopefully every month.} One will be a spiritual book for my heart health and one just for me - no judgements, here, okay?

This month I'm going to read In This House, We Will Giggle and then I'm going to read Bridget Jones :: Mad About a Boy. Totally contradictory, I'm sure.... but I love Bridget Jones and it's not any worse than any trash on TV. Right?

Second, I'm going to clean out my closet once and for all and find a "system" that works for me - whatever that looks like. Because right now, ain't nothing working!!! If you have suggestions, please comment below!

Third, I'm going to do some major business planning with the powersheets that are headed my way and clean out all the stuff that isn't working. Little Branches is evolving, and instead of fighting where God is leading me, I'm making it a goal to embrace it instead. Focuses will be shifting and plans will be made. Boom.

Fourth, I'm going to meal plan and eat home more than I eat out. My hope is that by the end of the year we've almost cut out processed food entirely, but until then we will be taking baby steps!

Fifth, and finally, I'm going clean out Landry's closet. It's been a catch all since we moved in {almost two years ago} and it's time that I clean that sucker out.

What are your goals for the month? Do you have a word that you're working to build on? I'd love to hear about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blog development by fabulous k